Victor Rivera joined Prospera’s Board of Directors in 2009 and currently serves as our Chair. A dedicated supporter of small businesses, this hardworking family man has devoted most of his banking career to helping entrepreneurs. Keep reading to learn more about our Board Chair!
A conversation with Victor R. Rivera, Central Florida Market Executive for Business Banking at Bank of America and Prospera Statewide Board of Directors Chair
- What are your company’s mission and services?
Bank of America’s purpose is to help make the financial lives of our clients better, through the power of every connection. We serve the core financial needs of people, companies and institutional investors, delivering our capabilities through our eight lines of business.
- What led you to serve or continue serving on Prospera’s Board of Directors?
I am passionate about helping business owners succeed. My parents were small business owners and I know how important it is for entrepreneurs to do things the right way. Prospera is an invaluable resource to help Hispanic business owners start and grow their businesses. I have worked helping business owners during my 24-year banking career at Bank of America, which encourages and support its employees to get involved in the community where they live and work.
- Where are you originally from? If you are Hispanic, please tell us your nationality (or your family’s).
My family is originally from Puerto Rico. I grew up in Carolina, which is a city that borders San Juan and home of Isla Verde, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island.
- Which are the three words that best describe you?
Honest, hard worker and competent.
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned throughout your career?
One of the most important lessons that I have learned in my career is not to listen when someone tells you that you can’t do something. You can accomplish any goal that you have, if you work hard and do things the right way.
- How do you achieve work/life balance?
It’s about how you prioritize your time. Family always comes first for me.
- How do you stay informed about trends in your industry?
I read publications like the Wall Street Journal. I am also a member of an industry group that publishes a monthly magazine with industry specific news.
- Where is your favorite place to have a meeting outside of the office?
A golf course.
- Which social media platform do you use most frequently?
- Can you tell us one item still on your bucket list?
Playing golf at the St. Andrews.