With a 29-year record of launching business start-ups and fulfilling business dreams, our economic development, nonprofit organization is a $3MM multi-location agency with a strong culture rooted in collaboration, innovation, integrity, and accountability. Our team consists of talented, dedicated people who share our mission for strengthening the economy through quality business development and training to Hispanic entrepreneurs.
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join the leading Hispanic nonprofit economic development organization, we’d like to talk to you! Salaries are accompanied by a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances; paid holidays; PTO; and a retirement plan. At Prospera, equal talent will always get equal opportunity. Background checks and references are required.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST – CENTRAL FLORIDA
Prospera is recruiting a full-time Business Development Specialist, based in Orlando, FL, who will report to the Assistant Vice President of Central Florida.
The position’s primary responsibilities include:
Support the Business Development Consultants, including but not limited to:
- Follow-up with clients and respond to their inquiries
- Analyze clients’ business needs and formulate solutions
- Assist with client meetings
- Coordinate appointments and make arrangements for client and provider meetings
- Collaborate with marketing department on projects related to the region’s marketing and social media
- Attend community and networking events on behalf of the organization
- Provide support in preparing for committee meetings, documents, presentations, and event set-up
- Accurately enter required client information into database
In conjunction with the Business Development Consultants, organize educational programs for Hispanic entrepreneurs throughout the year, including:
- Securing venues
- Setting up training rooms with materials and speaker tools
- Evaluating speakers at end of each seminar
Assist with Prospera’s internship program:
- Recruit interns by attending internship fairs and establishing partnerships with local colleges and student organizations
- Properly onboard and train interns
Complete special projects and miscellaneous programs as assigned by the Regional Assistant Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing one in business or public administration, finance, marketing or a related field required
- Must be able to research, communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and and in writing, in English and Spanish (Portuguese a plus)
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Ability to build rapport and maintain professional relationships
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record required
- Must have satisfactory results from background checks
To apply, submit résumé, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.