With a 27-year record of launching business start-ups and fulfilling business dreams, our economic development, nonprofit organization is a $3MM multi-location agency with a strong culture rooted in collaboration, innovation, integrity, and accountability. Our team consists of talented, dedicated people who share our mission for strengthening the economy through quality business development and training to Hispanic entrepreneurs.
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join the leading Hispanic nonprofit economic development organization in Florida, we’d like to talk to you! Salaries are accompanied by a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances; paid holidays; PTO; and a retirement plan. At Prospera, equal talent will always get equal opportunity. Background checks and references are required.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT – Orlando, Central Florida Region
Prospera is recruiting a full-time, exempt Business Development Consultant who will report to the Regional Vice President. The position’s primary responsibilities include:
Provide the one-on-one consulting to Hispanic entrepreneurs, offering a wide range of assistance including, but not limited to:
- Perform initial analysis of new or existing business venture
- Conduct initial needs assessment to determine business strengths and weaknesses
- Analyze client’s business needs and formulate solutions
- Assist with client’s development and their relations with contracted professional providers
- Evaluate clients and determine which community resource might further assist them with their business
- Attend community and networking events on behalf of the organization
- Accurately enter required client information into database
Organize educational programs for Hispanic entrepreneurs throughout the year in conjunction with Business Development Specialist:
- Conduct weekly orientations in Spanish on how to launch a new business
- Secure speakers and venue
- Set up training rooms with materials and speaker tools
- Evaluate speakers at end of each seminar
Complete special projects and miscellaneous programs as assigned by the Regional Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, finance, marketing or a related field required
- Minimum of two years of prior work experience required, preferably in a small business environment
- Ability to present to small and large audiences and to a variety of target audiences required
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and and in writing, in English and Spanish (Portuguese a plus)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of different industries and how they work
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Ability to build rapport and maintain professional relationships
- Experience working in small groups and/or facilitating teamwork
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record required
- Must have satisfactory results from background checks
For consideration, e-mail your résumé and salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.