With a 29-year record of launching business start-ups and fulfilling business dreams, our economic development, nonprofit organization is a $3MM multi-location agency with a strong culture rooted in collaboration, innovation, integrity, and accountability. Our team consists of talented, dedicated people who share our mission for strengthening the economy through quality business development and training to Hispanic entrepreneurs.
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join the leading Hispanic nonprofit economic development organization, we’d like to talk to you! Salaries are accompanied by a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances; paid holidays; PTO; and a retirement plan. At Prospera, equal talent will always get equal opportunity. Background checks and references are required.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT – CENTRAL FLORIDA
Prospera is recruiting a full-time Business Development Consultant, based in Orlando, FL, who will report to the Assistant Vice President of Central Florida.
The position’s primary responsibilities include:
Provide one-on-one consulting to Hispanic entrepreneurs, offering a wide range of assistance that includes, but is not limited to:
- Perform initial analysis of new or existing business venture
- Conduct initial needs assessment to determine business strengths and weaknesses
- Analyze client’s business needs and formulate solutions
- Assist with client development and their relations with contracted professional providers
- Evaluate clients and determine which community resource might further assist them with their business
- Attend community and networking events on behalf of the organization
- Accurately enter required client information into database
Organize educational programs for Hispanic entrepreneurs throughout the year:
- Conduct weekly orientations in Spanish on how to launch a new business
- Secure speakers and venue
- Set up training rooms with materials and speaker tools
- Evaluate speakers at end of each seminar
Complete special projects and miscellaneous programs as assigned by the Regional Assistant Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, finance, marketing or a related field required
- Minimum of two years of prior work experience required, preferably in a small business environment
- Ability to present to small and large audiences and to a variety of target audiences required
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, in English and Spanish (Portuguese a plus)
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of different industries and how they work
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Ability to build rapport and maintain professional relationships
- Experience working in small groups and/or facilitating teamwork
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record required
- Must have satisfactory results from background checks
To apply, submit résumé, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
EVENT & CAMPAIGN COORDINATOR
Prospera is recruiting a full-time Event & Campaign Coordinator, based in Orlando, FL, who will report to the Vice President of Marketing, and collaborate with staff across the organization to successfully coordinate and execute events and campaigns across the various regions we serve. Routine schedule from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with occasional out-of-town travel and evening/weekend work.
The Event & Campaign Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinating special events and campaigns to advance the organization’s image and mission in each of Prospera’s service regions, which currently include Greater Orlando, Miami Metro and Greater Tampa Bay in Florida, as well as North Carolina.
- Generating awareness, funds, client referrals, and supporter engagement for Prospera’s mission.
- Planning and executing events and campaigns, managing year-round timelines and ensuring each event runs smoothly.
- Procuring estimates and managing relations with vendors for each event or campaign.
- Managing deadlines, budgets, venues, food, AV, entertainment, and other logistics.
- Collaborating with Marketing Coordinator to promote each event or campaign and maximize marketing tools.
- Collaborating with regional offices to customize events and campaigns, helping achieve regional goals, and involving staff and volunteers in event and campaign planning and execution.
- Conducting post-event and campaign analysis after each one to determine success, identify opportunities for improvement, finalize expense budgets and adjust future plans.
- Entering event and campaign data in databases to ensure continuity and effective contact management.
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, hospitality, public relations or related field.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, with excellent writing and presentation skills in both languages.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- High energy, attention to detail and ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with others, on multiple projects at once.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience in Office 365. Experience with design software preferred.
- Ability to learn tasks quickly.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Satisfactory results from background checks.
- Agreement to support Prospera policies and procedures.