With a 28-year record of launching business start-ups and fulfilling business dreams, our economic development, nonprofit organization is a $3MM multi-location agency with a strong culture rooted in collaboration, innovation, integrity, and accountability. Our team consists of talented, dedicated people who share our mission for strengthening the economy through quality business development and training to Hispanic entrepreneurs.
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join the leading Hispanic nonprofit economic development organization, we’d like to talk to you! Salaries are accompanied by a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances; paid holidays; PTO; and a retirement plan. At Prospera, equal talent will always get equal opportunity. Background checks and references are required.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST – based in Orlando
Prospera is recruiting a full-time, non-exempt Business Development Specialist for Central Florida who will report to the Regional Assistant Vice President. The position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Follow-up with clients and respond to their inquiries
- Analyzing client’s business needs and formulate solutions
- Assisting with client meetings
- Coordinating appointments and making arrangements for client and provider meetings
- Collaborating with marketing department on projects related to the region’s marketing and social media
- Attending community and networking events on behalf of the organization
- Providing support in preparing for committee meetings, documents, presentations, and event set-up
- Accurately entering required client information into database
- Helping to organize educational programs for Hispanic entrepreneurs throughout the year, including reserving venues and preparing training rooms
- Recruiting and training interns, including participating in internship fairs and establishing partnerships with local colleges and student organizations
- Completing special projects and miscellaneous programs as assigned by the Regional Assistant Vice President.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing one in business or public administration, finance, marketing or a related field required
- Must be able to research, communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and and in writing, in English and Spanish (Portuguese a plus)
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Ability to build rapport and maintain professional relationships
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record required
- Must have satisfactory results from background checks