Linda Landman Gonzalez is vice president of philanthropy and multicultural insights at the Orlando Magic. She currently serves on Prospera’s Statewide Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and has been a volunteer and supporter of our organization since our early days serving Central Florida. Read more about this respected Central Florida leader and volunteer below.
- What are your workplace’s mission and services?
The Orlando Magic-NBA Franchise’s mission statement is to be world champions on and off the court delivering legendary moments every step of the way.
- What led you to serve or continue serving on Prospera’s Board of Directors?
It is the finest 501c3 board in the state. Its mission, Board members and the staff’s commitment is unprecedented. Everyone involved is committed to the mission and the people we serve.
- Where are you originally from?
I am from NYC. I lived in Mexico City for 15 years and my husband and children are Mexican Americans. I consider myself an American Mexican.
- Which are the three words that best describe you?
Curious, honest and passionate.
- What advice would you have appreciated hearing when first starting your career?
Enjoy yourself and love what you do. If you don’t love it… don’t do it.
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned throughout your career?
Your intent is different than how people perceive your words and actions. No one can see your intentions. The only thing that can actually be seen is your behavior.
- How do you achieve work/life balance?
I have an extraordinary spouse and family. We share all of the work, burden and joy.
- How do you stay informed about trends in your industry?
I listen and I read… ferociously.
- Where is your favorite place to have a meeting outside of the office?
Breakfast, lunch or dinner in one of our fabulous restaurants in Orlando.
- Which social media platform do you use most frequently?
- Can you tell us one item still on your bucket list?