Lori Duarte-Roberts is Regional Sales Manager of Treasury & Payment Solutions at SunTrust Bank who has volunteered on Prospera’s Statewide Board of Directors since January 2017. Read more below about this esteemed Board member.
- What are your workplace’s mission and services?
Our purpose at SunTrust is to help our clients lighting the way to Financial Well-being. In my role specifically, we help clients manage their business. Creating efficiencies’ will help them increase both owner and business value.
- What led you to serve on Prospera’s Board of Directors?
Prospera interested me because of the work that is being done with so many Hispanic business owners. I attended a Success Stories Luncheon and was inspired by what Prospera does. Helping small businesses not only survive years 1 and 2 but actually making some dreams come true.
- Please tell us about your Hispanic background.
My father’s family migrated from Nicaragua and my mother’s family from Cuba. At a very young age they instilled the importance of both cultures. Today, it makes me very proud to participate in an organization that helps to achieve the “American Dream” for so many business owners who have migrated to this country.
- Which are the three words that best describe you?
Leader, team player, passionate.
- What advice would you have appreciated hearing when first starting your career?
To have taken advantage of more networking opportunities early on.
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned throughout your career?
Always stay true to myself and transparency.
- How do you achieve work/life balance?
I am very fortunate to work for a great organization. I work with great Leaders that instill the importance of having a work/life balance. SunTrust invests in their employees a number of different ways, but most importantly is aware that achieving Financial Well Being is key not just to our clients but also to their employees. Not taking things for granted and involving our families in our journey – this makes our work part of our everyday life, therefore ensures we don’t miss out on those important moments every day.
- How do you stay informed about trends in your industry?
I have Google alerts set up that inform me daily and several times of important newsworthy information as well as changes as they are happening in the market and my industry; I listen to NPR while in the car; I subscribed to the Harvard Business Review.
- Where is your favorite place to have a meeting outside of the office?
I make it a point to meet at a local business as a way to show my support in the community.
- Which social media platform do you use most frequently?
LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Can you tell us one item still on your bucket list?
I would love to sky dive sometime in the near future.