Blanca Bichara is partner at Bichara & Hevia PA in South Florida. She is an entrepreneur, community leader and volunteer, devoted wife and mother, and a committed Prospera Board member since 2012. Read more below about this esteemed member of Prospera’s Statewide Board of Directors.
- What are your company’s mission and services?
We are a CPA firm predominantly working with small business and individuals.
- What led you to serve or continue serving on Prospera’s Board of Directors?
I owned a small printing business for over 20 years and had experienced many of the issues we see with Prospera’s clients. I had quite a bit of experience in business when I opened the company and even then it was hard many times to know how to handle situations that arose every day. I felt that an organization that helps small business by helping them get the guidance they need to succeed in their chosen business venture was an organization I wanted to serve and help promote their mission.
- Where are you originally from?
I was born in Cuba and came to the USA as a small child.
- Which three words best describe you?
Entrepreneurial, Driven and Patient.
- What advice would you have appreciated hearing when first starting your career?
Make sure that you have researched and understand as many aspects of the business you are about to launch, including the point at which you decide it is not working and you need to close it down.
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned throughout your career?
Every business is subject to changing times and you need to always be ahead of trends that could adversely affect you and be prepared for those changes before they hit you.
- How do you achieve work/life balance?
This is one of the hardest aspects of having your own business. I have always started early in the morning so that I could leave with enough time to be at home to enjoy dinner with my family. I have made it a point not to work on the weekends no matter how busy I am.
- How do you stay informed about trends in your industry?
Reading industry publications, joining business organizations and participating in seminars or industry events they organize and paying attention to what my competition is doing and where they are investing their resources.
- Where is your favorite place to have a meeting outside of the office?
A quiet restaurant.
- Which social media platform do you use most frequently?
Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Can you tell us one item still on your bucket list?
Travel to Ibiza (off the coast of Valencia, Spain), in memory of my son. This was a place my son always talked about visiting during the International Music Festival.