With a 25-year record of launching business start-ups and fulfilling business dreams, our economic development, nonprofit organization is a $3MM multi-location agency with a strong culture rooted in collaboration, innovation, integrity, and accountability. Our team consists of talented, dedicated people who share our mission for strengthening the economy through quality business development and training to Hispanic entrepreneurs.
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join the leading Hispanic nonprofit economic development organization in Florida, we’d like to talk to you! Salaries are accompanied by a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances; paid holidays; PTO; and a retirement plan.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT – Central Florida
Prospera is recruiting a full-time, exempt Business Development Consultant who will report to the Regional Vice President. The position’s primary responsibilities include:
Provide individual consulting and offer Hispanic entrepreneurs a wide range of assistance including, but not limited to:
- Performing initial analysis of new or existing business venture
- Conducting initial needs assessment to determine business strengths and weaknesses
- Analyzing client’s business needs and formulating solutions
- Assisting with client’s development and their relations with contracted professional providers
- Conducting weekly orientations in Spanish on how to launch a new business.
- Evaluating clients and determine which community resources might be able to further assist them with their business
- Attending community and networking events on behalf of the organization
- Accurately entering required client information into database
Organize educational programs for Hispanic entrepreneurs throughout the year in collaboration with other regional staff:
- Securing speakers and venue
- Setting up training rooms with needed materials and tools for speakers
- Evaluating speakers after each seminar
Complete special projects and miscellaneous programs as assigned by the Regional Vice President
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, finance, marketing or related field
- Minimum of two years of prior work experience required, preferably in a small business environment
- Ability to present to small and large audiences and to a variety of target audiences
- Must be able to research, communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing in English and Spanish (Portuguese a plus)
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate knowledge of different industries and how they work
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Ability to build rapport and maintain professional relations
- Experience working in small groups and/or facilitating teamwork
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record required
- Must have satisfactory results from background checks
For consideration, e-mail your résumé and salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
At Prospera, equal talent will always get equal opportunity. Background checks and references are required.
Prospera’s internship program recruits university students year-round to work in each of its four main offices across the state of Florida. The program is an excellent opportunity to acquire real-world business knowledge and build your résumé through a very hands-on experience. Interns at Prospera are assigned meaningful responsibilities and become integral members of the organization’s staff.
- Get firsthand experience in professional business consulting
- Learn about entrepreneurship and what it takes to start a business
- Engage with the Hispanic business community
- Learn about the nonprofit sector and organizational management
- Participate and learn at business seminars
- Be part of a statewide organization and expand your professional network
- Develop communications skills in working with clients, volunteers, sponsors and co-workers
- Get college credit