With a 26-year record of launching business start-ups and fulfilling business dreams, our economic development, nonprofit organization is a $3MM multi-location agency with a strong culture rooted in collaboration, innovation, integrity, and accountability. Our team consists of talented, dedicated people who share our mission for strengthening the economy through quality business development and training to Hispanic entrepreneurs.
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join the leading Hispanic nonprofit economic development organization in Florida, we’d like to talk to you! Salaries are accompanied by a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances; paid holidays; PTO; and a retirement plan.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT – Administrative Office
Prospera is recruiting a full-time, hourly, non-exempt Executive Assistant who will report to the President/CEO. The position’s primary responsibilities include:
Assist the President/CEO and Board of Directors in the daily execution of administrative tasks and projects, including but not limited to:
- Manage President’s schedule
- Keep President on schedule
- Confirm internal and external President’s meetings
- Coordinate President ‘s speaking engagements
- Schedule employee applicant interviews
- Coordinate President ‘s travel arrangements and associated logistics
- Coordinate and answer routine President’s correspondence
- Open, organize and prioritize President’s mail
- Maintain President’s filing system
- Interact professionally with Board members and community business leaders
- Maintain updated contact records
- Manage, lead and execute special projects as needed
- Arrange and coordinate Board of Directors quarterly and Executive Committee meetings
- Create board meeting books
- Attend Board meetings, record proceedings, take accurate minutes
- Order Food & Beverage for EC and arrange similar logistics for Board meetings
- Assist CFO, Regional VPs, Marketing VP, and others in the execution of related meetings and events.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Communications preferred
- 5 years’ experience supporting a company executive or officer
- Two years of business, government, or nonprofit sector experience
- Candidate must be fully bilingual and be able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish
- The individual must be highly organized and detail oriented, have excellent critical thinking skills
- Be able to anticipate needs and act proactively toward solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record required; and
- Must have satisfactory results from background checks.
For consideration, e-mail your résumé and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
At Prospera, equal talent will always get equal opportunity. Background checks and references are required.
Prospera’s internship program recruits university students year-round to work in each of its four main offices across the state of Florida. The program is an excellent opportunity to acquire real-world business knowledge and build your résumé through a very hands-on experience. Interns at Prospera are assigned meaningful responsibilities and become integral members of the organization’s staff.
- Get firsthand experience in professional business consulting
- Learn about entrepreneurship and what it takes to start a business
- Engage with the Hispanic business community
- Learn about the nonprofit sector and organizational management
- Participate and learn at business seminars
- Be part of a statewide organization and expand your professional network
- Develop communications skills in working with clients, volunteers, sponsors and co-workers
- Get college credit