With a 25-year record of launching business start-ups and fulfilling business dreams, our economic development, nonprofit organization is a $3MM multi-location agency with a strong culture rooted in collaboration, innovation, integrity, and accountability. Our team consists of talented, dedicated people who share our mission for strengthening the economy through quality business development and training to Hispanic entrepreneurs.
If you’re committed, dependable, and want to join the leading Hispanic nonprofit economic development organization in Florida, we’d like to talk to you! Salaries are accompanied by a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances; paid holidays; PTO; and a retirement plan.
NORTH CAROLINA – SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
Prospera is recruiting a bilingual Senior Business Development Consultant to serve a key role in establishing operations in North Carolina. The position will be based in Charlotte and will report to the Assistant Vice President – Other Regions. The overall purpose of the Senior Business Development Consultant in North Carolina is to manage and carry out programs and community relations in the region. This includes assisting clients with new business start-ups and existing businesses; developing and delivering educational programs for Hispanic entrepreneurs; and serving as representative of Prospera in the community.
The position’s primary responsibilities include:
Managing and executing Prospera programs, including consulting, seminars, grants and access to capital:
- Provide individual and ongoing consulting to Hispanic entrepreneurs with established businesses and ideas for new start-ups.
- Identify, plan and evaluate business seminars throughout the year to meet the needs local entrepreneurs, including selection of venues and topics, recruitment of expert speakers, and promotion of upcoming workshops.
- Manage the business grants program, including providers and volunteers.
- Establish relations with local lenders and assist clients with access to capital needs, including financial guidance and introductions to lenders.
Establishing and maintaining relations with community leaders, funders, media and partner organizations.
- Assist in developing relations with current and potential funders in the region, including community and networking events.
- Recruit supporters for the organization, including providers, volunteers, partners, donors, interns and associates, as needed.
- Serve as spokesperson and identify opportunities for promotion with local media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum of five years of relevant and progressively responsible work experience required, preferably including responsibility for program development or entrepreneurial experience.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of different industries, including banking and lending.
- Strong community and business relations in Charlotte metro area preferred.
- Experience working with media and community relations a plus.
- Must have prior experience working in small groups and/or facilitating teamwork.
- Ability to build rapport and maintain professional relations with a variety of audiences.
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills in English and Spanish.
- Professional appearance and demeanor required.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
- Must have satisfactory results from background checks.
FLORIDA – INVESTOR RELATIONS MANAGER
Prospera is recruiting a full-time, exempt Investor Relations Manager who will report to the President/CEO. The position’s primary responsibilities include:
Assisting the President/CEO with raising funds for Prospera’s economic development programs:
- Develop and write compelling proposals for local, state and federal government grants, as well as corporate and foundation grants and sponsorships
- Work with President/CEO and Regional Vice Presidents to meet Prospera’s fiscal year grants budget and revenue goals for public funders, foundations, corporations, and other categories
- Develop a balanced and sustainable grants portfolio, including identifying new grant funding opportunities to support implementation of Prospera’s operational and strategic plans
- Conduct prospect research on public and private sector funding opportunities aligned with Prospera’s programs and priorities
- Contact funding prospects as appropriate to determine priorities, guidelines, eligibility and other requirements
- Manage Prospera’s sponsors and grants portfolio, including the proactive monitoring of all related activities
- Work collaboratively with program, marketing, finance and other staff to develop proposals and reports
- Strategize, draft and oversee grant applications, concept papers, proposals and progress reports. This includes reviewing funder documents and due diligence materials.
- May attend funder meetings, including conference calls, local government hearings and other meetings, as appropriate
Managing and supporting investor stewardship activities, including data management, acknowledgement, recognition, cultivation and engagement, including:
- Help to build, maintain and monitor the donor database, ensuring the accuracy of records
- Manage data entry for sponsorships, grants and all funds received, completing in a timely manner and producing appropriate acknowledgment letters for all gifts entered
- Update the donor database as needed with additions and changes to donor information
- Perform regular database review and clean-up, including reconciling information from the database with files provided by Finance/Accounting or other areas of the organization
- Participate in the planning and execution of donor cultivation, recognition, stewardship and overall engagement
- Provide support as needed to the Regional Vice Presidents
- Contribute to the development and implementation of processes and systems
- Work with other staff in the organization to develop strategies and initiatives
Supporting special projects and all other duties, as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising, with demonstrated success securing public and private grant funding and major gifts
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Excellent research, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent project management abilities and detail-oriented
- Effective collaborator with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Professional appearance and demeanor required
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record required
- Must have satisfactory results from background checks
For consideration, e-mail your résumé and salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
At Prospera, equal talent will always get equal opportunity. Background checks and references are required.
Prospera’s internship program recruits university students year-round to work in each of its four main offices across the state of Florida. The program is an excellent opportunity to acquire real-world business knowledge and build your résumé through a very hands-on experience. Interns at Prospera are assigned meaningful responsibilities and become integral members of the organization’s staff.
- Get firsthand experience in professional business consulting
- Learn about entrepreneurship and what it takes to start a business
- Engage with the Hispanic business community
- Learn about the nonprofit sector and organizational management
- Participate and learn at business seminars
- Be part of a statewide organization and expand your professional network
- Develop communications skills in working with clients, volunteers, sponsors and co-workers
- Get college credit