Delvis Diaz, CEO of Diaz Fritz Group General Contractors, is a successful Hispanic entrepreneur who believes in giving back. Read more below about this valued member of Prospera’s Statewide Board of Directors.
- What are your company’s mission and services?
Our mission statement is “To Construct Every Project with Excellent Service, Outstanding Quality and a Long-Term Relationship in Mind.”
- What led you to serve or continue serving on Prospera’s Board of Directors?
Having attended Jesuit High School Tampa, we were taught at an early age the importance of community service.
- Where are you originally from?
I was born in Ybor City. My grandfather came from Spain to roll cigars. My grandmother came from Cuba to work in the new hospitals being built in Tampa by Cuban physicians.
- Which three words best describe you?
Play To Win.
- What advice would you have appreciated hearing when first starting your career?
Besides having courage to start a new company, it would be extremely important to have a business plan, to have a model of what success would look like.
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned throughout your career?
Focus your attention on the needs of your customers and teammates, instead of your own needs.
- How do you achieve work/life balance?
Start by loving your life, as much as you love your work; then focus as much attention on those you love, as you do on your professional relationships.
- How do you stay informed about trends in your industry?
Read as much as you can – I’m constantly amazed at the amount of information and knowledge that others are willing to share.
- Where is your favorite place to have a meeting outside of the office?
Cuban sandwich shop.
- Which social media platform do you use most frequently?
Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Can you tell us one item still on your bucket list?
Travel to Africa with my family, to photograph the migration of the Wildebeest herds.