Cristina Abreu is Outreach and Engagement Leader for US Field Operations at Nielsen. A Tampa resident, she has served as a Prospera volunteer Board member since 2016. Read more below about this esteemed volunteer on Prospera’s Statewide Board of Directors.
- What are your workplace’s mission and services?
Nielsen is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We manage data on what consumers watch, with audience measurement services across all devices where content (video, audio and text) is consumed, and what they buy, through retail performance measurement. Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population.
- Tell us about your Hispanic background.
My parents are both Cuban and I was born in New Orleans.
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned throughout your career?
Stop spending so much energy stressing over things that in a year from now won’t even matter.
- Where is your favorite place to have a meeting outside of the office?
I love happy hours so I’d say at a fun place that can transition nicely from meeting to happy hour.
- Which social media platform do you use most frequently?
Facebook and Instagram are tied
- Can you tell us one item still on your bucket list?
I’ve visited Cuba years ago, but I want to travel there with my mom to be there when she sees her family again after 40+ years.